Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yonder the horizon, I'll untether my wings

A girl like me. A lazy girl like me. A lazy girl who doesn't look like a couch potato but can give any of them run for their money on any given day...ok enough! Here's a confession. It's the day five. Exact 5 days ago on 29th June, I suddenly clicked and made this blog happen. Oh yes! JLT! But the name was decided a long ago, exactly a self coined phrase "Sméagol & the Orange marmalade", I use it for myself now and then. I'm feeling like hitting the sack again. But still it's good to know that it's good. Before retracing the footsteps and exploring that beyond horizon.





But I would like to listen more. It might be a hiatus from the flow, and will provide some moments of solitude, I pine only now and then with a stop gap of intermittent frequencies. I started the blog because I wanted to see how much I can pull with a theme of a colour which is not my best colour at all. Yes, Orange, I like them to see, but in my room there hardly any code orange. My favourite colour is something from a very different spectrum. But I like all the colours and now more I see to it , more an orange-Y world is taking shape right in front of me and it's beautiful. There're few things in my head, few drafts which may spill and take shape as more orange-Y . Let see where it takes. But a word of caution, next thing would be a depth charge, not an Orange candy.

The irony is we take a pause during conversation only to start again, rebounding back but in the meanwhile we forget the most important part, listening.

I've said it already. I want to listen. Listen to what matters most and what may stir attention.

Listening is important, if we don't want to end up like the wicked queen, who'd only listened what she wanted to, overlooking the truth in the magic mirror. I keep losing that magic mirror more often. Sometime someone else holds that for me. But I can't be precious. So this time I seek my own magic mirror and I'll keep that for a while.

There might be few more orange-Y-ness to come but the colour will be on the backdrop to make a dark matter look lesser grim. Told you, it would be a hard hitting allegro not a serenade. Meanwhile let me untether my wings. While I'll roam around the farthest corner, darkest nook of the labyrinth of the dark alleys, where only shadows loom large, might be on my way back, I'll make myself understand again the importance of light.

I'd made a line from Plath's ''Mad Girl's Love Song'' as something of my very own,"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.'', but that was before the wake of my naiveté. Though, might be I'm still high on it. At least now I also know, "I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there"... and "We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different."

4 comments:

  1. voila! a good blog indeed!fresh and ORANGE-Y!lets take a trip to a color palate..watsay? i mean..all the shades and there inevitably fitting-misfitting in our lives...!! lets start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, colours fresh, splashed on the white canvas, pure.
    colours dusty, laying on sidewalks selling dreams to masses. flashy.
    sky as a colour would be a nice change next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sky,the vast magnitude of life... the freshness ... the breather...

    ReplyDelete
  4. then will come green...colour of my school uniform.
    actually sky was also the uniform colour and so was white....colour carnival unfolds !

    ReplyDelete