Friday, July 2, 2010

I dreamt an Orange-Y dream : a dream comes and goes but never stays

Prologue [on 11th July, prior to the Final match] : This awesome self caricature is created by Avik Kumar Maitra, living in Groningen, Nederland...one of the biggest German supporters I've ever come across, still mourning over that Octopusy glitch, hope last night's win may have assuaged his pain. Thanks Avikda, for giving a free rein to be creative beside your creation. But I'm being in a ''messed up messiah'' state for now, couldn't have doffed off something more original along with it, thereby incorporating it here. "আসছে world cup নাহয় আবার হবে !''

Here's the main post :
I've been supporting Germany since birth, JLT. It's a common de facto in any urban Indian household [ not about only supporting FIFA teams, but being soccer frenzied ] , specially if that house speaks in Bengali ;-) . Basically Brazil supporters are much more in volume and weight. They are omnipresent. Like in my house, my whole household goes gaga over Brazil and that would make Lady Gaga insecured and frowned up instead of being a poker faced.

But since the time, I don't know when, I do like Orange-y Nederland...might be it was during grade 2 primary school. I was fascinated by center forward Ruud Gullit, basically by his curly locks. Now come on! I do have same kind of curls and I know how hellish they could be but still he made it, '' oh! so nice'' ...so Orange-Y or Not Orange-y, I do support them. And...and It has been proven we all do feel solidarity with the underdogs. And please don't give me that C-R-A-P of Brazil being underdog heroes! Frankly they are elite in this universe, where in any game a caste system builts up right out of thin air. In classrooms, toppers are elitist. In society, the rich are elitist. In soccer field so is Brazil. And their economy is booming like ours and like SA [ remember the IBSA lobby, we all three have formed as a superpower of future where China is trying to make a desperate entry in United Nations ! ]

But the pain in my heart is , who will win the next QF match? Germany is my favourite but all my peers are going gung ho about Argentines :( , on the street of kolkata blue-white stripped flags are hanging from the sky. Zugzwang zugzwang zugzwang , like life, you can't have your cake and eat it all the time my pearly peers :D. I'm humble. Might be Germany , might be Argentina. It's a Klose call, I'm pining my vuvuzela for the former.

But when will my country be playing on the FIFA World Cup? For real. I am not the one to be easily satisfied, at least not on this. So after getting to see the FIFA cup right in front of me , within a distance of few centimeters , I am sentimental. It's the dream, that comes and goes but never stays. It would be a blasphemy of highest degree to expect my country's 'effwitted' football officials to get up so early from their deep pocketed slumbers. Better they be off to sleep, like our forefathers, we will keep supporting either Europe or Latin America, without realizing the ''Mammaries of our Soccer Welfare'', we will be obliged to keep supporting Brazil as a pseudo nation under the shadows of the giants.

P.S. :But one of my deed, I'm feelin' good about, I've got this opportunity to support the cause ''1 Goal Education For All''.

And here comes the latest P.S. : Brazil is sent off by the mighty Orange-Y, good to see the status quo being crumbled down, I will drive the speed roller over the rest!! :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm afraid some might commit suicide in Brazil or fall into a severe 4 year depression. Soccer seems to be there a matter of life and death. But really, Smeagol, admit that you jinxed the game with your orange fixation and now everybody not wearing "the color" won't have a chance (not that I care a lot for soccer)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paulo Coelho will come handy, now in their time of national disaster. But they will overcome it. Nothing's new in that, they have the tendency to lose and still remain overrated. Dunga will face a probe for sure, and Ronaldinho will chuckle in private. Their whole conglomeration and the rest of the pseudo-Brazilians can now do Samba with their ordeals of heaviness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really shocked at Brazil's performance last night.And i'll feel so bad if Argentina gets knocked out today.Since my childhood,I've been observing that in Bangladesh, Brazil & Argentina fans always scold on each other,throw shoes or break a few hair and teeth of one another and at last these two teams together never reach the final.But still the fans continue quarreling like fools.Universities are always closed down,exams r withheld in the occasion of world cup even tough our country never takes part in that.How can the people b such fool?I really don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Borsha : true dear,it's all about marketing, and here,it's a free base the Argentine and the Brazilians are getting into along with the Germans. Based on past glory and who're there on this earth always hanging onto it, we...the Bongs :) But your feature at Rosh+Alo captured the whole frenzy on spot. It's great and true to its soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all dearies..plz comment on her writing...!

    @elina sen: thts a much much bettr post! i think u r getting into it steadily..go girl! lucidity in everything provokes more concentration than the intricacy...got that na?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes Jini, thanks for the measure for measures. It's a good help.

    ReplyDelete