Sunday, February 13, 2011

Now, The whole sky is for me



Valentine's Day always reminds me of the book ''Little Prince''. I know, it's a children book 'n one of my favourites. Yet, growing up I've found it more 'matured' than ever. Only immature thing I did was to write once a good-bye note based on its last chapter - "All men have the stars," and when I was being asked - ''if this is for me, hell... I'd be damn proud!''
I kept mum...

"And at night you will look up at the stars. Where I live everything is so small that I cannot show you where my star is to be found. It is better, like that. My star will just be one of the stars, for you. And so you will love to watch all the stars in the heavens . . . they will all be your friends. And, besides, I am going to make you a present . . .

All men have the stars, but they are not the same things for different people. For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides. For others they are no more than little lights in the sky. For others, who are scholars, they are problems. For my businessman they were wealth. But all these stars are silent. You--you alone--will have the stars as no one else has them--

In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night . . . You--only you--will have stars that can laugh !


And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me. You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure . . . And your friends will be properly astonished to see you laughing as you look up at the sky! Then you will say to them, 'Yes, the stars always make me laugh!' And they will think you are crazy. It will be a very shabby trick that I shall have played on you . . .

It will be as if, in place of the stars, I had given you a great number of little bells that knew how to laugh . . .

You know, it will be very nice. I, too, shall look at the stars. All the stars will be wells with a rusty pulley. All the stars will pour out fresh water for me to drink . . .

That will be so amusing! You will have five hundred million little bells, and I shall have five hundred million springs of fresh water . . ."

Now I have changed. That's not a news. That was something inevitable. But I have grown up into something else. That is different. Now things are more like : on 14th eve, where we both 've met years ago, I will shout ''RUN FOREST RUN" for you. You can chant - RUN LOLA RUN!!! Depending on how you feel. 


But I will always feel better. Because, now I have my stars. The whole sky is for me. 

3 comments:

  1. I really don't know what to comment...except that had a silvery feeling in my eyes after reading this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suddenly awestruck...this was so rejuvenating...yeah literally.....growing up is definitely inevitable...but sometimes painful too..but aftr the end if one could get the whole sky to get her engulfed in... thts really the sheer ecstasy!

    ReplyDelete